SW Nepal Pvt Ltd (Scott Wilson Nepal)
TERM OF REFERENCE
Position Title: Project Manager
Location: Kathmandu base with frequent field visit
Position Type: Full time based in SW Nepal Office in Maharajgunj, Kathmandu
Purpose of the Position:
Project Manager is called for a position that will manage a project that support integrated resettlement site planning and shelter support works while working closely with expert team and field team in meeting quality and service standards of the project deliverables. The PM shall be familiar of the needs, opportunities and challenges faced by earthquake affected house owners, especially vulnerable households are landless or displaced by geo-hazards. PM will be involved in central and district level meetings with local government, NRA, GMALI, DLPIU and other reconstruction actors. PM, together with consortium partners, will explore range of approaches and propose initiatives for safer integrated settlement development.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities
Project Planning and Management
- Prepare monthly work plan for project support activities and facilitate planning team and shelter support team in project implementation.
- Prepare staff mobility plan and mobilize expert team as per demand field survey and supervision works.
- Liaise with expert team in development of integrated settlement plans.
A. Technical Site Planning Support
- Mobilize field team and expert team for detailed engineering survey of proposed integrated settlement.
- Oversee all the design process of the site planning for ISD as per NRA guidelines.
- Coordinate with Gaunpalika/Nagapalika, central and district NRA and other stakeholders in process of approval of site plans
B. Shelter Reconstruction Support
- Mobilise field team to provide on-site technical support during shelter reconstruction within integrated settlement.
- Ensure each construction complies necessary housing standards issued by NRA and DUDBC.
- Prepare BoQ and technical drawing and specification of shelter construction for beneficiaries.
- Monitor and organize the feedback of the field team and launching initiatives for problem / issue solving.
- Maintain records of progression of site planning works, construction works and tranche details of each households.
- Maintain records of site visits for technical support.
Coordination and Communication
- Maintain smooth work flow with effective management of SWN internal and external partners and communicate status of project activities regularly.
- Coordinate with NRA engineers and Gaunpalika officials during process of site planning and shelter construction.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Ensure timely preparation of resettlement site plans
- Conduct frequent monitoring to integrated settlement to supervise, support and coordinate with site level implementing bodies.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly progress reports summarizing progress and challenges encountered and offer way forward.
- Invite and participate in meetings with partners and experts from the consortium
- Any other official duties reasonably required for effective programme implementation.
- Any other relevant task mutually agreed with SWN management team.
Required Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in social or technical sectors from a recognized university
- Good knowledge of related government policy, federal structures, social issues etc.
- Minimum 5 years of experience management, in housing reconstruction especially urban planning, low cost housing and sustainable development
- Database, GIS Mapping would be added advantage
- Excellent team-player
- Good command in English and Nepali
- Willingness to travel regularly to remote areas
The position is for a period upto June 2020. The position may include undertaking similar tasks related to other projects when workload is light.
If you are interested, please email your CV and a cover letter justifying why you are the best candidate for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB 31st March 2019.