Our Core Team Member
Ms Sumitra KC
MS (Natural Resources Management)
Research Associate, MEL
Ms. Sumitra K.C., is a dynamic employee working as a Research Associate in MEL Unit (Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Unit) herein Scott Wilson Nepal. She holds a Bachelors degree in Environmental Science from Kathmandu University and a Master’s degree from Asian Institute of Technology in Natural Resources Management. KC is also the recipient of Nepal Bidhya Bhusan and Tim Kendell Memorial Prize for her outstanding performance in the field of Natural Resources Management. She is engaged with supporting MEL Unit in undertaking its activities in environment, climate and sustainable development areas, including SDGs.
She possess skills and expertise in the field of Local Governance, Hydrological Modelling, Carbon Assessment, Monitoring and Evaluation of Environmental Components and Ecosystem Service Assessment.
Current Projects Involved
- Hydroponics and Acquaponics.
- World Jewish Relief’s Livelihoods based Self Recovery Project in Nepal.
- To Document Outcome Study and Core Humanitarian Standard in Relief, Recovery and Reconstruction aftermath of Gorkha Earthquake 2015.
- End line Survey and Final Evaluation of Nepal Earthquake 3R Project- NPL 161 for The Lutheran World Federation/ Act Alliance.
Past Projects Involved
- Short term researcher, Sensitivity of rural livelihood towards climate change, water disaster and adaptation in Koshi River Basin, Institute of Mountain Hazard and Environment
- Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (Environmentalist) in Environment Friendly Local Governance Program under Ministry of Federal Affairs and Local Development.
- Consultant, Ecosystem Service Assessment, Bird Conservation Nepal.
- Carbon assessment and analysis of leasehold forest, ICIMOD.