Baseline Study of Dakchyata: TVET Practical Partnership Project
The British Council
May 21 to July 31, 2018
In the leadership of Ministry of Education, Government of Nepal and Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training (CTEVT), British Council is implementing a project titled Dakchyata – TVET Practical Partnership programme. The specific objective of this project is to strengthen and implement more effective policy in the Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) sector, responsive to labour market needs.
SW Nepal together with an international consultant was assigned by the British Council to carry out baseline study of Dakchyata – TVET Practical Partnership programme.
The objectives of this assignment were:
- To establish clear benchmarks which relate to the results against which progress will be measured, for the Dakchyata project (the British Council managed components of TVET PP).
- To Support the adaption of any results, indicators or activities which are not found to be relevant through the study.
Services Provided by SW Nepal
SW Nepal carried out the following activities to meet the assignment’s objectives.
- Supported Lead Researcher to finalize the survey questions.
- Translated the survey questions from English to Nepali.
- Carried out pre-testing of the survey questionnaire.
- Trained and engaged 12 field researchers.
- Identified potential participants (i.e. private sector employers) from Agriculture, Construction and Tourism sector.
- Administered questionnaire surveys to 60 employers.
- Transcribed and translated the information received from surveys.
SW Nepal successfully gathered qualitative data from surveys with employers. The Lead Researcher prepared a report by utilizing this data.