Technical Assistance To Food For Work Programme, Gorkha
UN World Food Programme (WFP) Nepal
February 2009 to October 2009
Thumi, Lapu VDCs Gorkha, Nepal
Gorkha is a food deficit district, particularly the remote northern areas. WFP supports the communities to improve their access to food and other goods by engaging people in Food for Work Programme (FfW). WFP allocated 300 MT of rice to support the communities for their labor contribution along Arughat-Sotibazaar section.
Key Services provided by Firm
- Survey, design and cost estimation works.
- Coordination with Gorkha district officials at DDC, DTO and DoR.
- Coordination with Users’ committee to direct rice mobilisation, labour group development and inclusive participation in all activities of the programme.
- Orientation programme to the users’ committee and the group leaders on FfW working modality, social mobilisation activities, health and safety issues, principle of wage calculation and payments.
- Social mobilisation.
- Bioengineering along with civil engineering works.