Gender Focal Person
S.W. Nepal Pvt. Ltd. (Scott Wilson Nepal)
Terms of Reference for Gender Focal Person
This is a long term institutional position based in Kathmandu office located in Panipokhari/ Maharajgunj area swnepal.com.np/contact-us/. The overall purpose of Gender Focal Person is to develop and manage gender and social inclusion priorities and capabilities within the organisation and its services.
Detailed job description and requirements:
- Serve as the gender equity and social inclusion lead at the institutional level.
- Assist project coordinators or team leaders to prepare gender and inclusion specific Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) plan including the preparation of checklists for field monitoring/verifications
- Coordinate marketing works and actively participate in developing concepts, terms and references in mainstreaming gender across the institution and projects
- Enhance capacity of the project staffs (including organizational members) policies, practices and promote discourses on gender, GBV, disadvantaged and vulnerable populations etc
- Develop, strengthen and mainstream gender sensitivity within the in-house and consultant team inside the organization
Qualifications and experience:
- Master’s Degree, preferably in social science, gender studies, rural development etc.
- Overall experience of minimum 5 years with much of this in relevant areas
- Excellent report writing skills in English and good communication skills in Nepali
- Good interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in diverse team environments
Contract type: Full-time,Long Term Employment Contract
Report to: MEL Coordinator
Unit: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Team
Location: Central Office in Maharajgunj, Kathmandu
Expected start date: As soon as possible (expected to join by 15th October 2019.
Salary: Negotiable based on experience and company policy
How to apply:
If you are interested, please email your CV email@example.com before 30th September 2019.
Only shortlisted candidate will be informed and called for further consultations.