SW Nepal Pvt Ltd (Scott Wilson Nepal)
SW Nepal Pvt. Ltd. (Scott Wilson Nepal/SWN) is a wholly Nepali-owned multidisciplinary research and development consulting service provider operational since 2000. The firm provides sustainable, innovative and cutting-edge solutions to the Government of Nepal, development partners, academic institutions, projects and programmes to help them achieve their objectives through our support in planning, management, research/monitoring/evaluations/learning documentation and policy promotion works.
SWN has a strong Engineering Unit where shelter reconstruction, community infrastructure, rural road development, external quality monitoring, infrastructure design guidelines and policies development support process are deeply mainstreamed in the projects and research works that SWN undertakes.
Please visit www.swnepal.com.np for more details on our team, location and the services we provide.
Purpose of the position
This is a long term institutional position based in Kathmandu office located in Panipokhari/ Maharajgunj area. The main purpose of the Engineering Coordinator position is to strengthen Infrastructure and engineering portfolio of the firm, and support growth of small and medium sized infrastructure engineering team committed to quality, integrity/ethics of profession and promote livelihoods and economic growth of the Nepali citizens.
There is potential for significant growth within the organization.
In undertaking the above, the position will also require client coordination and market development works.
Qualification and Skill Requirements
- Minimum Master’s degree in Civil Engineering, Infrastructure, Water Resources or any other related engineering field
- Around 7-10 years of experience in infrastructure project design, project management, construction management (international experience is desirable)
- Proficiency in use of engineering design and analysis tools, project management tools
- Excellent command in both English and Nepali languages
- Strong project management, training and facilitation skills
- Excellent communicator, with strong report writing skills
- Strong presentation, marketing and networking skills
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Ability to plan, establish priorities and meet deadlines and to initiate and implement activities with minimal oversight and supervision
- Ability and willingness to travel to field work locations
Roles and responsibilities
- Assume an important role within the organization
- Develop project strategies and ensure project adherence to agreed framework of objectives, create a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objectives
- Support Project Managers in planning, organizing and delivering project outputs and results
- Demonstrate high leadership skills to drive projects and engineering team
- Access project risks and issues, identify crucial deviation in project implementation, determine project changes and provide solution where applicable to PMs in achieving project targets
- Generate relevant project reports and documentations, marketing and web documents,
- Support the development of proposals including tailored approach and methodology based on the TOR.
- Contribute to the institutional learning process while aspiring team of young and vibrant engineers in tasks and responsibilities.
- Provide administrative support to the management
- Ensure clients views and interests are addressed promptly and professionally
Job commencement: From 1st of November 2019 onwards
Salary: Attractive salary and benefits commensurate with experience and skills.
We have a staff-friendly working environment and policies and work in a quiet but centrally located neighborhood in Maharajgunj area. We strongly encourage applicants to familiarize with the works of the organization before applying for this position, and visit our website. We prefer candidates who do not need to commute long distances to work with us.
If you are interested, please email your CV suitable for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB 30th October 2019.