SW Nepal Pvt Ltd (Scott Wilson Nepal)
Position: Resettlement and Engineering Coordinator (with Planning focus)
Gross Salary: Attractive basic monthly salary in the range of NPR 70k, plus benefits and increments reflecting skills and experience
Working Days: 5 days a week (Mon-Friday, 900am to 530pm)
Location: Maharajgunj/Panipokhari, Kathmandu (central office). See https://swnepal.com.np/contact-us/ for location.
We are seeking a proactive professional to join our team as Resettlement and Engineering Coordinator. As an aspirant for this position, you will initially support in management of an on-going project on integrated resettlement site planning and supervision services. In doing so, you will also support other infrastructure development activities within the firm. Upon completion of the resettlement project around mid-2020, you will fully integrate with SWN engineering team and fully undertake infrastructure development responsibilities.
For the project function, you need to be familiar with the needs, opportunities and challenges associated with reconstruction of earthquake affected houses, including integrated resettlement of communities. You will coordinate with funding agencies including DFID, SDC, WB and local governments, NRA, GMALI, DLPIU and other reconstruction actors. Together with consortium partners, you will explore range of approaches and models for safer and integrated settlements.
Framework of roles and its objectives
This is an engineering position with high level managerial responsibilities, and you are expected to meet a range of objectives that include management of infrastructure projects increasingly within urban settings; lead a team of engineering professionals; undertake monitoring, evaluation and learning functions in coordination with MEL Unit; and promote/market/partner for potential new assignments and projects. For this role, you will bring with you broader and clearer development vision, excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to develop strategic partnerships for a greener, people-centric and resilience-focused infrastructure growth in Nepal.
Skills and experience:
- Master (or above) in Civil Engineering disciplines, or architecture, urban planning or relevant fields.
- Above 8 years of experience in infrastructure/development sector
- Good understanding and exposure in reconstruction preferably in settlement planning in rural setting, affordable/low cost housing and green/sustainable infrastructure development
- Database management, GIS familiarity would be an added advantage
- Good knowledge of related government policy, federal structures, social issues etc.
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Nepali
S/he will also be:
- Comfortable with a start-up environment and have entrepreneurial mindset
- Commercially astute, pro-active, action-oriented.
- Willing to travel regularly outside Kathmandu
- Only candidates shortlisted will be contacted
- Available for interview week commencing 15th November onwards
- We prefer candidates who do not have to commute long distances to come and work with us at our Panipokhari/ Maharajgunj central office.
SWN offers a dynamic and exciting work environment and attractive staff benefits, including flexible working hours.
If you are an action orientated and astute individual who would like to join our team to support a dynamic and growing business, please apply with your CV (covering letter not required at this stage), no later than 15th November 2019 at email@example.com.
About the Organisation:SW Nepal Pvt. Ltd. (Scott Wilson Nepal/ SWN) is a wholly Nepali-owned multidisciplinary research and development consulting service provider operational since 2000. The firm provides sustainable, innovative and cutting-edge solutions to the Government of Nepal, development partners, academic institutions, projects and programmes to help them achieve their objectives through our support in planning, management, research/monitoring/evaluations and policy promotion works.
We encourage potential applicants to visit www.swnepal.com.np for more details on our team, location and our services.