Position: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Coordinator
Gross Salary: Attractive package reflecting competencies and experience.
Working Days: 5 days a week (Mon-Friday, 900am to 530pm)
Contract: Long Term
Location: Maharajgunj, Kathmandu (Central Office)
Reporting to: Chief Operating Officer (COO)
We are seeking a proactive individual to join our team as a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Coordinator. As an aspirant for this position, you will be the leader of the MEL Unit within the organisation and lead development of MEL Unit and manage evaluation teams and external consultants in conducting program evaluations and producing high-quality evaluation reports.
As a lead at the MEL Unit, you will explore new market opportunities for the development of the organisation. You will also develop the methodologies to measure program outcomes, test theories of change and look for new intervention on monitoring, evaluation and learning. As a Coordinator, you should be able to access the available resources and deliver results of high quality. Your value addition in Knowledge Management will help the organisation in making it resourceful.
- University Degree preferably in Social Science, Economics, Statistics, or related fields
- At least 5 years of experience in designing and implementing M&E systems in development projects
- Experience in conducting field research using qualitative and quantitative techniques
- Ability and willingness to travel to project locations
- Proficiency/familiarity in computer based statistical packages and data management tools (ODK, Access, Stata, SPSS, R etc.) will be an advantage
- Ability to plan and establish priorities, meet deadlines and initiate and implement activities with minimal oversight and supervision
- Excellent communicator in both English and Nepali languages
- Possess strong report writing skills.
– Good understanding of the development sector
– Available for interview week commencing 15th June 2020 (video conference if necessary)
SWN offers a dynamic and exciting work environment and attractive staff benefits, including flexible working hours.
If you are an action-orientated and astute individual who would like to join our team, to support a dynamic and growing business, please apply by sending your CV (covering letter NOT required at this stage), no later than 21June 2020 at firstname.lastname@example.org
We give priority to candidates who live within a comfortable commuting distance from SWN office in Maharjgunj/Panipokhari, Kathmandu
About the Organisation:
S.W. Nepal Pvt. Ltd. (Scott Wilson Nepal/ SWN) is a wholly Nepali-owned multidisciplinary research and development consulting service provider operational since 2000. The firm provides sustainable, innovative and cutting-edge solutions to the Government of Nepal, development partners, academic institutions, projects and programmes to help them achieve their objectives through our support in planning, management, research/monitoring/evaluations, and policy promotion works.
We encourage potential applicants to visit www.swnepal.com.np for more details on our team, location, and our services.