Position: Environmental hydrologist/Aquatic Ecologist
Gross Salary: Attractive package reflecting competencies and experience.
Working Days: 5 days a week (Mon-Friday, 900am to 530pm), flexible within COVID pandemic period.
Contract: Long Term
Location: Maharajgunj, Kathmandu (Central Office). See www.swnepal.com.np for detailed location.
Reporting to: Technical Coordinator and CEO
SWN is looking for a Post Graduate interested in pursuing a career in the field of water resource management and recovery of water bodies (pond, lake, water bodies), related infrastructure design and water body maintenance work. The professional will work together with a senior field scientist on water health. Necessary training will be provided by the scientist as necessary.
“Women candidates are highly encouraged to apply”
- Sincere commitment to work on the health of water bodies and is willing to take initiatives.
- Good team player with the community and cultural ethics.
- Keen to learn and join in a new learning area with a novel approach to water resource management and development
- Master’s Degree related to water resource management or related advanced degrees from reputed institutions.
- Around 3-5 years of experience in the areas of water resource management/hydrology
- Ability to organize and plan well and establish priorities, meet deadlines and initiate and implement activities with minimal oversight and supervision
- Excellent communicator in both English and Nepali languages
- Possess report writing skills.
- Motorbike driving license (but not compulsory)
- SWN offers a dynamic and exciting work environment and attractive staff benefits, including flexible working hours.
- Please apply by sending your CV (covering letter NOT required at this stage), no later than 17th May 2021 at firstname.lastname@example.org
We give priority to candidates who live within a comfortable commuting distance from the SWN office in Maharjgunj/Panipokhari, Kathmandu
About the Organisation:
S.W. Nepal Pvt. Ltd. (Scott Wilson Nepal/ SWN) is a wholly Nepali-owned multidisciplinary research and development consulting service provider operational since 2000. The firm provides sustainable, innovative and cutting-edge solutions to the Government of Nepal, Provincial and Local Governments, development partners, academic institutions, projects and programmes to help them achieve their objectives through our support in planning, management, research/monitoring/evaluations, and policy promotion works.
We encourage potential applicants to visit www.swnepal.com.np for more details on our team, organisation, location, and our services.