Position: Research Assistant (Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning, MEL)
Gross Salary: Attractive package reflecting competencies and experience.
Working Days: 5 days a week (Mon-Friday, 900am to 530pm)
Contract: Long Term
Location: Maharajgunj, Kathmandu (Central Office)
Reporting to: Monitoring
We are seeking a proactive individual to join our team as a Research Assistant (MEL Unit). As an aspirant for this position, you will provide support in the execution of all projects undertaken by the Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Unit.
Detailed job description and requirements
- Engage in project activities in coordination with project team as appropriate and agreeable
- Support marketing and documentation/proposal works
- Participate in the development and testing of qualitative and quantitative research tools and facilitate the data collection, cleaning and entry process
- Visit project sites and collect data when required.
- Undertake data analysis, interpretation and reports preparation.
- Assist in overseeing that timelines and benchmarks are being met for our clients.
- Keep a record of submitted and to be submitted proposals, project data, photo sheets and timesheets.
- Liaise and interact with the clients and stakeholders
- University Degree preferably in Social Science, Economics, Statistics, or related fields
- At least 2 years of experience in the development projects
- Experience in conducting field research using qualitative and quantitative techniques
- Ability and willingness to travel to project locations
- Proficiency/familiarity in computer-based statistical packages and data management tools (ODK, Access, Stata, SPSS, R etc.) will be an advantage
- Ability to plan and establish priorities, meet deadlines and initiate and implement activities with minimal oversight and supervision
- Excellent communicator in both English and Nepali languages
- Possess strong report writing skills.
- Good understanding of the development sector
- Available for interview week commencing 22nd July 2021 (video conference if necessary)
SWN offers a dynamic and exciting work environment and attractive staff benefits, including flexible working hours.
If you are an action-orientated and astute individual who would like to join our team, to support a dynamic and growing business, please apply by sending your CV (covering letter NOT required at this stage), no later than 31st July 2021 at email@example.com
We give priority to candidates who live within a comfortable commuting distance from SWN office in Maharjgunj/Panipokhari, Kathmandu
About the Organisation:
S.W. Nepal Pvt. Ltd. (Scott Wilson Nepal/ SWN) is a wholly Nepali-owned multidisciplinary research and development consulting service provider operational since 2000. The firm provides sustainable, innovative and cutting-edge solutions to the Government of Nepal, development partners, academic institutions, projects and programmes to help them achieve their objectives through our support in planning, management, research/monitoring/evaluations, and policy promotion works.
We encourage potential applicants to visit www.swnepal.com.np for more details on our team, location, and our services.