Apply before 30th Jan 2022
Position: Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Financial Compensation: Attractive package reflecting competencies and experience.
Working Days: 5 days a week (Mon-Friday, 900am to 530pm).Flexible within the COVID-19 pandemic period.
Contract: Long-term (Probationary period of 2 months)
Location: Maharajgunj, Kathmandu (Central Office). See www.swnepal.com.np for a detailed location.
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Overall Roles and Responsibilities of the Chief Operating Officer (COO):
Scott Wilson Nepal is seeking a proactive and dynamic Chief Operating Officer (COO), who has the distinct ability to solve problems and achieve desired results. The COO shall have a positive demeanor at accepting responsibilities and unwavering dedication towards their work.
They shall have deep practical knowledge of and experience in the development sector, preferably through engagement in a national or international development agency.
The COO shall have excellent communication skills, i.e. verbal and written, in Nepali and English.
As a COO, they will be mentoring high-performing technical teams and will be overseeing the daily operations of the company. This includes deploying innovative project management tools and strategies for successful project delivery.
The COO will work collaboratively to design and/or enhance systems, processes and procedures that improve the overall efficiency of the firm and ensure excellent client satisfaction.
The COO will establish comprehensive goals for the company’s performance and growth. This includes evaluating past and ongoing projects and programs and forecasting potential future engagements.
The COO will develop strategic partnerships with the Government of Nepal and international development agencies; and manage business development and marketing activities, which includes designing strategies to increase the company’s business portfolio.
The COO will have deep and direct experiences in leading and managing administration, human resource management and project activities of the company as per the company’s established goals and objectives.
- Master’s degree in any relevant field with at least 10 years of experience in the development sector including exposure with international agencies, development management, organizational development or other related fields.
- Deep practical understanding of business functions, i.e. HR, finance, business development, marketing.
- Exceptional organizational and leadership abilities.
- Outstanding creative problem-solving skills with the ability to develop systems and decision-making processes.
- A collaborative and approachable individual with strong inter-personal skills and an influential personality.
- Extensive experience facilitating teams, creating work plans and aligning priorities to achieve desired tasks and outputs.
- Outstanding capacity to work in a fast-paced professional environment; to simultaneously manage multiple projects and teams; to efficiently utilize scarce time and resources.
- Excellent communication skills, i.e. verbal and written, in Nepali and English.
- Experience with Knowledge Management Systems
- Proven expertise in Project Management
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Possesses enthusiasm, positive energy, good judgment and humour
- Motivated to learn, grow and contribute.
- Strong understanding of the Nepali and international development sectors.
- Available for interview week commencing 24th January 2022 (video conference if necessary)
SWN offers a dynamic and exciting work environment and attractive staff benefits, including flexible working hours.
If you are an action-orientated and astute individual who would like to join our team to support a dynamic and growing business, please apply by sending your CV (covering letter NOT required at this stage), no later than 30th January 2022 at email@example.com
We give priority to candidates who live within a comfortable commuting distance from SWN office in Maharjgunj/Panipokhari, Kathmandu
About the Organisation:
S.W. Nepal Pvt. Ltd. (Scott Wilson Nepal/ SWN) is a wholly Nepali-owned multidisciplinary research and infrastructure development consulting service, provider. It has leading expertise in Nepal in Third Party Monitoring, capacity building of Local Governments in infrastructure service delivery, and a deep commitment to inclusive social and governance initiatives at different spheres of governance in Nepal. SWN is a choice of international development partners and the Government of Nepal for delivery of quality outputs in design and management of projects and programmes; green infrastructure development; social protection based programmes; field-based research works on social and governance issues including gender-related areas; and monitoring and evaluation of projects and programmes. It has a strong in-house management capability for undertaking the above assignments.
We encourage potential applicants to visit www.swnepal.com.np for more details on our team, location, and our services.