Apply before 19th March 2022
Position: Infrastructure Lead
Remuneration: Attractive package reflecting competencies and experience.
Working Days: 5 days a week (Mon-Friday, 900am to 530pm). Flexible within the COVID-19 pandemic period.
Contract: Long-term (Probationary period of 2 months)
Location: Maharajgunj, Kathmandu (Central Office). See www.swnepal.com.np for location.
Reporting to: Infrastructure Technical Coordinator
Overall Roles and Responsibilities of the Engineering Coordinator:
Scott Wilson Nepal has a strong Engineering Unit where community infrastructures, housing/shelter, rural road development, quality monitoring, infrastructure guidelines and policies design carried out with green development approach are deeply mainstreamed in projects and research works that it implements.
To lead the Engineering Unit, Scott Wilson Nepal is seeking a proactive and dynamic Infrastructure Lead who has the distinct ability to solve problems and achieve desired results. The Infrastructure Lead shall have a positive demeanor at accepting responsibilities and unwavering dedication towards their work.
They will demonstrate high leadership skills to drive the multiple projects and engineering team.
They will have experience in developing project strategies plans, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines and initiating and implementing activities with minimal oversight and supervision. The EC will also ensure client’s views and interests are well managed towards the best solution.
They will access project risks and issues, identify crucial deviations in project implementation, determine project changes and provide a solution where applicable to project management in achieving project targets.
They will prepare the relevant project reports and ensure the timely delivery of the project deliverables.
They will support in developing strategic partnerships with the Government of Nepal and international development agencies; and manage business development and marketing activities, which includes designing strategies to increase the company’s business portfolio.
They will contribute to the institutional learning process by working with the aspiring team of young and vibrant engineers taking important responsibilities under expert supervision.
- Master’s degree in Civil Engineering, Infrastructure, Water Resources or any other related engineering field
- Working experience of 5 years or more in similar positions in engineering design, project management, construction management (international experience is desirable)
- Strong project management, training and facilitation skills
- Outstanding creative problem-solving skills and decision-making ability
- Proficiency in use of engineering design and analysis tools, project management tools
- Excellent command in both English and Nepali languages
- Excellent communicator, with strong report writing skills
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong leadership qualities and ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Ability to plan, establish priorities and meet deadlines and initiate and implement activities with minimal oversight and supervision
- Ability and willingness to travel to remote locations
- Available for interview week commencing from 1st March 2022 (video conference if necessary)
SWN offers a dynamic and exciting work environment and attractive staff benefits, including flexible working hours.
If you are an action-orientated and astute individual who would like to join our team to support a dynamic and growing business, please apply by sending your CV (covering letter NOT required at this stage), no later than 19 March 2022 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We give priority to candidates who live within a comfortable commuting distance from the SWN office in Maharjgunj/Panipokhari, Kathmandu
About the Organisation:
S.W. Nepal Pvt. Ltd. (Scott Wilson Nepal/ SWN) is a wholly Nepali-owned multidisciplinary research and infrastructure development consulting service, provider. It has leading expertise in Nepal in Third Party Monitoring, capacity building of Local Governments in infrastructure service delivery, and a deep commitment to inclusive social and governance initiatives at different spheres of governance in Nepal. SWN is a choice of international development partners and the Government of Nepal for delivery of quality outputs in design and management of projects and programmes; green infrastructure development; social protection based programmes; field-based research works on social and governance issues including gender-related areas; and monitoring and evaluation of projects and programmes. It has a strong in-house management capability for undertaking the above assignments.
We encourage potential applicants to visit www.swnepal.com.np for more details on our team, location, and our services.