Apply before 15th June 2022
Position: Research Associate (Green Infrastructure)
Remuneration: Attractive package reflecting competencies and experience.
Working Days: 5 days a week (Mon-Friday, 900am to 530pm).
Contract: Long-term (Probationary period of 2 months)
Reporting to: Senior Green Infrastructure Advisor
Overall Roles and Responsibilities of the Engineering Coordinator:
Scott Wilson Nepal has a strong Engineering Unit working in community infrastructures including road and trail development, water supply and irrigations systems, house/shelter, quality monitoring, policy design etc. These are carried out with green development approach that is deeply mainstreamed in projects and research works that it implements.
To support the Engineering Unit, Scott Wilson Nepal is seeking a proactive and dynamic Research Associate in Green Infrastructure who has the distinct ability to solve problems and achieve desired results. The Research Associate shall have a positive demeanor at accepting responsibilities and unwavering dedication towards their work.
The Research Associate should have a sincere commitment to work on green infrastructure and is willing to take initiatives.
As a Research Associate in Green Infrastructure, the RA shall provide support in projects related to green infrastructure.
The specific tasks shall include, among others,
- Carry out assessment of existing Green building initiatives in Nepal and how they are implemented and the mechanism and tools used.
- Study existing Green Building Codes Guideline and standards and application of building bylaws
- Explore and document currently used alternative construction technologies and Green building materials in Nepal
- Carry out of assessment of practices in building permit process to implement Green Building Technologies in municipalities in Nepal
- Study the use of bye-laws of the municipalities having integrated elements of green building -experience, effectiveness and challenges – and suggest mechanisms and tools for integration
- Undertake Market Assessment of green building technologies as used in Nepal
- Carry out assessment of life cycle cost, cost- benefit analysis and contribution to reduce Green House Gas emission of green building technologies and materials
- Explore areas to support Green building experts to develop Green Building Standards to promote green building in Nepal
- Support in undertaking occasional meetings and workshop as agreed for SWN
The following qualifications and skills are expected in the candidate:
- Master’s degree in Engineering/ Architecture, Urban Planning or a related civil engineering discipline with green development focus
- 5 + years of professional work experience on green building and research activities
- Excellent analytical ability with high attention to detail.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new professional and learning environments. Excellent command in both English and Nepali languages
- Excellent communicator, with strong report writing skills
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
Moreover, the applicants are expected to have the following characteristics:
- Ability to plan, establish priorities and meet deadlines and initiate and implement activities with minimal oversight and supervision
- Ability and willingness to travel outside Kathmandu
- Available for interview week commencing from 5th June 2022 (video conference if necessary)
SWN offers a dynamic and exciting work environment and attractive staff benefits, including flexible working hours.
If you are an action-orientated and astute individual who would like to join our team to support a dynamic and growing business, please apply by sending your CV (covering letter NOT required at this stage), no later than 15 June 2022 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We give priority to candidates who live within a comfortable commuting distance from the SWN office in Maharjgunj/Panipokhari, Kathmandu