Apply before 15th October 2022
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Financial Remuneration: Attractive package reflecting competencies and experience.
Working Days: 5 days a week (Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.)
Location: Maharajgunj, Kathmandu (Central Office)
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement monitoring and evaluation systems, e.g. results-based management (RBM) frameworks, that are innovative and that align with the project’s theory of change and logical frameworks.
- Win projects for the organization. The MEL Coordinator will have a pivotal role in designing and reviewing proposals, nurturing client/consultant relationships, exploring new market opportunities, and negotiating budgets and services.
- Direct the overall delivery of projects, including the design of research methodologies, research instruments, data collection and analysis plans, and risk-mitigating measures. Ensure that the project design is innovative, cost-effective, and practical.
- Lead the MEL unit and its day-to-day operations. This responsibility includes project management, contract management, procurement of services, business development, the delegation of roles and responsibilities within the team, client communication, and managing multiple projects among many others.
- Coordinate with diverse stakeholders, e.g. clients, consultants, government/non-government officials, etc. on a regular basis to ensure the effective completion of assignments.
- Coordinate work plan activities to align with project milestones and to ensure effective operations throughout the planning and delivery process.
- Establish strong networks with new and existing clients, donors, consultants, and stakeholders.
- Carry out structured market analyses to forecast future project opportunities, identify ongoing opportunities and evaluate competitions.
- Prepare high-quality final reports that align and exceed client expectations.
- Advanced university degree, i.e. Masters, in economics, international development, monitoring and evaluation, political science, or other related fields.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in the design, development and/or implementation of monitoring and evaluation systems in development projects which are implemented by I/NGOs, IGOs, or government institutions for Nepal’s development sector.
- Strong knowledge of and experience in quantitative and qualitative research and evaluation methods, statistics, data collection instruments, and analytical approaches.
- Strong knowledge of and experience in preparing and implementing the theory of change (ToC) and logical frameworks.
- Experience leading complex development projects, including managing multi-disciplinary teams with diverse backgrounds and ideas.
- Experience in developing and delivering monitoring and evaluation related capacity-building initiatives.
Core Competencies and Technical/Functional Expertise:
- Excellent ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams in a rapidly-changing work environment.
- Excellent ability to work effectively under pressure, prioritize and implement multiple tasks within strict deadlines and produce high-quality deliverables.
- Strong knowledge of Nepal’s development sector.
- Professional technical knowledge and expertise in evaluation process management, evaluation design, data analysis, and reporting.
- Demonstrates high levels of moral integrity, enthusiasm, and commitment to the growth of the organization.
- Proactive and detail-oriented individual with a dedication to identifying solutions to problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Nepali languages.
- Proficient in utilizing statistical packages, e.g. Microsoft Excel, STATA, R, for data analysis.
- Strong training, capacity building and facilitation expertise.
- Ability and willingness for field travel.
- Positive attitude and a good sense of humor.
- Strong understanding of the Nepali and international development sectors.
- Available for interview week commencing 10th October 2022 (video conference if necessary).
SWN offers a dynamic and exciting work environment and attractive staff benefits, including flexible working hours.
If you are an action-orientated and astute individual who would like to join our team, to support a dynamic and growing business, please apply by sending your CV indicating your current address in Kathmandu Valley no later than 15th October 2022 at email@example.com.
*Covering letter and qualification certificates are NOT required at this stage*
We give priority to candidates who live within a comfortable commuting distance from the SWN office in Maharjgunj/Panipokhari, Kathmandu
We encourage potential applicants to visit www.swnepal.com.np for more details on our team, location, and our services.