Apply before 20th July 2022
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Position: Business Development Manager (BDM)
Remuneration: Attractive package reflecting competencies and experience.
Working Days: 5 days a week (Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.)
Contract: Long-term (2 months’ probation period)
Location: Maharajgunj, Kathmandu (Central Office). See www.swnepal.com.np for location.
Reporting to: Business Development Lead (BDL) and CEO
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Lead and anchor the overall proposal development process, ensuring efficient collaboration between technical teams, external consultants, clients and all relevant stakeholders to deliver high quality proposals, concept notes, etc.
- Administer a structured market analysis to forecast future project opportunities, identify ongoing opportunities and evaluate competitions and prepare quarterly business reports highlighting business development strategies for the firm
- Build effective professional relationships with clients from a wide range of expertise and academic backgrounds.
- Responsible for winning competitive projects for the firm.
- Carry out national and international portal-based market research, pre-positioning and strategic priority setting.
- Lead marketing activities for the company, which could include organizing stakeholder workshops and discussion seminars.
- Update the contents of the company website and social media to reflect the firm’s strengths and ongoing projects.
- Connect with key development partners in Nepal to apprise them of the firm’s strengths and capabilities.
Education and Professional Experiences
- Advanced university degree, i.e. Master’s in International Development, Economics, Political Science, Business Management or other related fields from an accredited institution
- At least 5 years of professional experience as a business development manager with a focus on proposal development and marketing. The individual should have an excellent understanding of the development sector.
Core Competencies and Technical/ Functional Expertise.
- Sound Information Technology (IT) knowledge and use of collaborative tools like Trello, Slack, and Google workspace
- Skilled in design and communication tools like CANVA, Piktochart, etc.
- Excellent ability to work effectively under pressure, prioritize and implement multiple tasks within strict deadlines and produce high-quality deliverables.
- Demonstrates high levels of moral integrity, enthusiasm and commitment to the growth of the organization.
- Proactive and detail-oriented individual with a dedication to identifying solutions to problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Nepali languages.
- Strong training, capacity building and facilitation expertise.
- Ability and willingness for field travel
- Positive attitude and a good sense of humor.
- Good understanding of the Nepali and international development sector
- Available for an interview, week commencing 11th of July 2022 (video conference if necessary)
SWN offers a dynamic and exciting work environment and attractive staff benefits, including flexible working hours.
If you are an action-orientated and astute individual who would like to join our team, to support a dynamic and growing business, please apply by sending your CV (covering letter NOT required at this stage), no later than 20th July 2022 at firstname.lastname@example.org
We give priority to candidates who live within a comfortable commuting distance from the SWN office in Maharjgunj/ Panipokhari, Kathmandu
We encourage potential applicants to visit www.swnepal.com.np for more details on our team, location, and our services.