Apply before 31st March 2023
Terms of Reference (TOR)
Position: Research Associate (Monitoring, Evaluation Learning, MEL)
Financial Remuneration: Attractive package reflecting competencies and experience
Working Days: 5 days a week (Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.)
Location: Maharajgunj, Kathmandu (Central Office)
Reporting to: Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Officer
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Design research framework for MEL projects which may include, but is not limited to, quantitative methodology, data analysis plan, and data visualization products.
- Prepare analytical reports by organizing, cleaning, and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data from primary and secondary sources.
- Quantitative data analysis using various statistical techniques, e.g., descriptive and inferential analysis.
- Program tools into Computer Assisted Personal Interview (CAPI) platforms, preferably KoboToolbox.
- Assist the team in preparing proposals, project deliverables, data collection instruments, marketing materials and many more.
- Responsible for the overall management and organization of quantitative and qualitative data generated through MEL projects.
- Undertake any other tasks assigned by the MEL Officer.
Master’s degree, preferably in statistics, economics, and development studies.
- At least 5 years of experience in monitoring, evaluating, and learning research projects.
- Strong experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis, and production of reports.
- Demonstrated progressive experience in preparing high-quality analytical reports for development partners e.g. I/NGOs, IGOs, donors or Nepal Government.
- Strong experience in quantitative and qualitative research and evaluation methods, statistics, data collection instruments and analytical approaches.
- Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software, e.g. MS Excel, R, Stata, and SPSS.
- Expertise in data visualization using software, e.g., Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, R, and Python.
Core Competencies and Technical/Functional Expertise:
- Excellent ability to work effectively under pressure, prioritize and implement multiple tasks within strict deadlines and produce high-quality deliverables.
- Excellent ability to work well within a team as well as independently.
- Demonstrates high levels of moral integrity, discipline, and sincerity.
- Proactive and detail-oriented
- Strong interpersonal capacity with a positive attitude and a good sense of humor.
- Can easily adapt to varying work schedules, e.g., working on weekends and during off hours.
- Ability and willingness for field travel.
SWN offers a dynamic and exciting work environment and attractive staff benefits, including flexible working hours.
If you are an action-oriented and astute individual who would like to join our team, to support a dynamic and growing business, please apply by sending your CV indicating your current address in Kathmandu (cover letter NOT required at this stage), no later than 31 March 2023 at email@example.com
We give priority to candidates who live within a comfortable commuting distance from the SWN office in Maharjgunj/Panipokhari, Kathmandu
We encourage potential applicants to visit www.swnepal.com.np for more details on our team, location, and services.