Apply before 15 November 2023
Terms of Reference
Please read the TOR carefully before applying to ensure that it matches your experience and background. Applications from individuals who do not meet the requirements will not be considered.
Position: Business Development Officer (BDO)
Remuneration: Attractive package reflecting competencies and experience.
Working Days: 5 days a week (Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.)
Contract: Long-term (following 2 months probation period)
Location: Panipokhari, Maharajgunj, Kathmandu (Central Office). See www.swnepal.com.np for location.
Reporting to: Business Development Lead (BDL) and CEO
S.W. Nepal Pvt. Ltd. (Scott Wilson Nepal/SWN) is a multi-disciplinary research and infrastructure development consulting services provider. We specialize in programme design and delivery of green local infrastructures and MEL activities, including baseline surveys, data collection, and research in diverse sectors such as DRR, agriculture, climate change, education, governance, and socio-economic development, among others. We are deeply engaged in Nepal’s development scenario and have extensive knowledge of local governance systems. We aim to provide the highest value for money for our clients in our mutual endeavor of promoting Nepal’s development.
The Business Development Officer (BDO) is ultimately responsible for delivering projects for SWN in the development sector through strategic partnership, proposal development, marketing, networking, and efficient internal system development.
Broader tasks and responsibilities:
- Identify project calls of interest to SWN from key multilateral and bilateral development partners and Government of Nepal agencies.
- Lead and anchor the proposal development process, and proposal writing, ensuring efficient collaboration between technical teams, external consultants, clients, and all relevant stakeholders to deliver high-quality proposals, concept notes, etc.
- Administer structured market analyses to forecast future project opportunities, identify ongoing opportunities evaluate competitions, and prepare quarterly business reports highlighting business development strategies for the firm
- Build effective professional relationships with clients (Multilateral and Bilateral Development Partners, INGOs, Government Agencies, etc.) from a wide range of expertise and academic backgrounds.
- Responsible for winning competitive projects for the firm.
- Carry out national and international portal-based market research, pre-positioning, and strategic priority setting.
- Lead marketing activities for the company, which could include organizing stakeholder workshops and discussion seminars.
- Update the contents of the company website and social media to reflect the firm’s strengths and ongoing projects.
- Connect with key development partners in Nepal to apprise them of the firm’s strengths and capabilities.
Education and Professional Experiences
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Development Studies, International Development, Business Administration (MBA) or Management or other related field from an accredited institution
- 5-7 years of professional experience in business development with a focus on proposal development, marketing, and strategic partnerships in development consulting firms and INGOs/ IGOs.
- The individual should have an excellent understanding of the development sector
Core Competencies and Technical Expertise
- Excellent ability to work effectively under pressure, prioritize and implement multiple tasks within strict deadlines, and produce high-quality deliverables.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Nepali languages.
- Strong at using MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint
- Skilled in design and communication tools like CANVA, Piktochart, etc.
- Demonstrates high levels of moral integrity, enthusiasm, and commitment to the growth of the organization.
- Proactive and detail-oriented individual with a dedication to identifying solutions to problems.
- Strong training, capacity building, and facilitation expertise.
- Ability and willingness for field travel
- Positive attitude and a good sense of humor.
- Good understanding of the Nepali and international development sector
- Available for an interview, from 1st November 2023 onwards
SWN offers a dynamic and exciting work environment and attractive staff benefits, including flexible working hours.
If you are an action-orientated and astute individual who would like to join our team to support a dynamic and growing business, please apply by emailing your CV indicating your current address in Kathmandu no later than 15th November 2023 at email@example.com.
**A cover letter is not required at this stage.**
We give priority to candidates who live within a comfortable commuting distance from the SWN office in Maharjgunj/Panipokhari, Kathmandu
We encourage potential applicants to visit www.swnepal.com.np for more details on our team, location, and services.