Chief Operating Officer (COO)
We at SW Nepal (Scott Wilson Nepal) help to bridge capacities, influence policies and apply sustainable solutions for government, development agencies and private sectors.
As Chief Operating Officer (COO), you will direct, administer and coordinate the activities of the company as per its established goals and objectives. We are growing and currently have 57 staff undertaking the company activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as Advisor to the Chief Executive Officer and take overall responsibility of operation and management of the company.
- Assist CEO to formulate plans, strategies and objectives of the company.
- Review company’s market position and recommend changes.
- Ensure that projects and programmes deliver qualitative output within time and costs.
- Monitor company performance and results, including analysing the projects and programme in which company has engaged.
- Assist CEO by taking over the financial and business leadership of the company.
- Take lead role to explore the opportunity to develop / promote businesses for the company.
- Develop annual budget and expenditure plan and monitor financial health and planning of the company.
- Develop mechanism to carryout audits (regular internal, risk based and management audit).
- Oversee and manage the business development of the company, including development and delivery of strategies to acquire the business.
Assist Projects and Programmes
- Support projects and programme by mentoring and deploying project management tools to ensure the successful delivery of the projects/programme.
Administrative / Management Coordination
- Take overall responsibility of human resource management and optimise organisational structure to deliver the qualitative output for company and client.
- Identify and recruit competitive human resources for company and projects/programmes.
- Develop policies and manuals to increase job satisfaction of company employee and consultants
- Promote/develop sound management concepts to achieve team work, employee security, mutual respect and highest level of professionalism.
- Oversight procurement and contractual management of the company.
- Monitor and control effective operation of the company business and projects and asses the time and cost overruns.
- Postgraduate in related field and experience related to the company activities.
- Passionate and ambitious professional with strong leadership and people management skills.
- Strategic and strong management skills with experience setting, managing and monitoring key business goals.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
This is a core staff position based in Maharajgunj, Kathmandu. The company offers competitive and rewarding facilities.
If you are interested, please email your CV and a cover letter justifying why you are the best candidate for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.