Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Training
Gurkha Welfare Trust Nepal (GWT(N)) /Resilient WASH and Emergency Preparedness Programme(RWEPP)
The Resilient WASH and Emergency Preparedness Programme (RWEPP) aims to increase inclusive access to sustainable and resilient Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) services, and strengthen the resilience of communities to deal with climate-induced disasters.
GWT (N)/RWEPP assigned SWN to design and roll out the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) training for Construction Engineer East (CEE), RWEPP Senior Social Supervisors and Project Surveyors and Designers.
OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The objective of this assignment is to conduct the MEAL training for GWT(N) & RWEPP staff. The specific objectives are to:
- Strengthen the knowledge and skill of participants in MEAL, WASH/DRR, and Infrastructure Governance;
- Enable participants to conduct Joint Monitoring Programme with M/RM focusing mainly on WASH and DRR;
- Enable participants to provide technical capacity-building training to M/RM staff on Monitoring Plan.
KEY ACTIVITIES AND SERVICE PROVIDED BY SWN and TATUS
In undertaking the assignment, the survey team carried out the following activities
- Provide 3-day training in Pokhara, GWT Office
- Trained 18 participants (Construction Engineer East, Senior Social Supervisors, and Project Surveyors and Designers) on MEAL, WASH/DRR, and Infrastructure Governance
- Discussed and finalized monitoring tool and checklist for joint monitoring
A monitoring tool developed for RWEPP based on log frame indicators including joint monitoring checklist
Photo Source: Scott Wilson Nepal, 2022