Global Insight, Plan International USA
April 2021 to Nov 2023
Banke, Sunsari, and Makwanpur
Plan International USA is partnering with Plan International’s office in Nepal to implement a 5-year program (January 2019 – December 2023) focusing on the protection of children, the prevention of child trafficking, and the repatriation and reintegration of trafficking survivors. Global Insight is leading baseline study of PROTECT project for Plan International USA. The overall objective of the PROTECT project is to support children, families, communities and societies to strengthen prevention mechanisms against child trafficking, improve repatriation processes, and support the safe reintegration of survivors.
Objectives of the assignment
Global Insight contracted SWN to lead both quantitative and qualitative baseline data collection for the Plan USA sponsored PROTECT (Prevention, Tracking, Education and Transformation) program in Banke, Sunsari, and Makwanpur districts, of Nepal.
The objective of the survey is to assess the progress made on selected Key performance Indicators, using quantitative methods, that captures field situation data and analysis pertaining to various social indicators aligned to each of the Strategic Objectives.
Key activities and services by SWN
In undertaking the assignment, SWN will administer 600 telephone-based surveys and 90 key informant interviews with treatment and control groups of audit and children. SWN will adapt, pilot, and finalize data collection tools in partnership with PROTECT’s external evaluation firm – Global Insight, which includes:
- Preparing mobile-based data collection tools using the KoboTool Kit.
- Preparing an intensive data collection plan.
- Identifying and hiring local data collectors in each of the intervention areas of the three study districts.
- Delivering rigorous training to field enumerators.
- Survey protocols with mention of spot and back checks.
- Providing compiled and cleaned quantitative dataset to clients.
- Ensuring that verbal consent or signed consent have been taken prior to the Interviews.
- Providing audio recordings, transcription of qualitative data and verbatim transcripts to clients.
- Conducting oral history interviews semi-annually with 5 children and 5 adults for three consecutive years.
Outputs of the assignment
- The survey will explore the awareness, knowledge, attitudes, practices, and social norms of children, young adults, and caretakers on human trafficking
- Collected data will be used for baseline and Endline assessment.
Data collection, PROTECT, Children, Trafficking, Survivor, Third Party Monitoring, Baseline Study