People in Need (PIN), Czech Republic
February 2019–August 2020
20 integrated resettlement (IS) sites in 10 earthquake affected districts (Gorkha, Rasuwa, Dhading, Nuwakot, Okhaldhunga, Sindhupalchowk, Baglung, Ramechhap, Chitwan and Makwanpur)
The Durable Solutions-II was a DFID-funded programme that supports the NRA by facilitating the implementation of integrated resettlement (IS) programme to relocate the displaced households in safer areas. For the implementation of the project, SW Nepal is a technical (engineering) partner of consortium led by People in Need (PIN) with Community Self Reliance Centre (CSRC), an NGO dedicated to land rights issues.
Objectives of the assignment
Key objectives of this assignment were to undertake the following:
- Provide engineering support to assess feasibility, prepare site plan and detailed project report (DPR) for up to 20 selected locations.
Key Activities and Services Provided by SW Nepal
SWN team of experts carried out the following activities to meet the project deliverables:
- Conduct detailed topographic survey of resettlement area including expert visits to assess feasibility of integrated settlement.
- Prepare detailed site plan for integrated resettlement of displaced households as per NRA Integrated Settlement Provision 2075. The site plans include detailed engineering designs and drawings of shelters, assess infrastructures with adequate DRR, livelihood and resource management measures.
- Coordination with beneficiaries, Local Government, NRA and other stakeholders to endorse and implement ISD.
- Provide adequate engineering support during shelter reconstruction process within integrated settlement.
Output and deliverables
SWN delivered comprehensive site plans and DPRs for 20 settlements to the Local Government and NRA authorities.
Reconstruction, Integrated Settlement, Resettlement, DPR, Site Planning and Designing