Employment Fund Skills for Reconstruction Phase ll
Mar 2018 – June 2020
Manthali, Nagarpalika and Sunapati Gaunpalika
This is a partnership of the Employment Fund Skills for Reconstruction Phase II (EF-SR) of HELVETAS Swiss Inter-cooperation Nepal and Scott Wilson Nepal to provide technical support to earthquake affected home owners in Ramechhap. This builds ont the earlier work by SW Nepal of 1-year long pilot phase of provision of homeowner engineering and social support for different local governments in Ramechhap.
Scope of the services
The goal of the project is to complement the Government of Nepal’s ongoing Rural Housing and Reconstruction Program (RHRP) through appropriate technical assistance, information support and facilitation to homeowners of support areas in rebuilding private homes.
SW Nepal, a member partner of HELVETAS consortium, is assigned to implement the Phase II of Employment Fund Skill for Reconstruction project in Sunapati Gaunpalika and Manthali Nagarpalika.
Services provided by SW Nepal
This is a project where a full range of services covering engineering and social support as follows:
• Provide regular technical support to homeowners to comply with minimum engineering requirements
• Facilitate homeowners in preparing required documents for inspection and receipt of government grant tranches
• Create awareness on the provision and procedure of housing grants.
• Lobby and coordinate with local elected bodies and engineers for the facilitation of grant release process
• Identify potential homeowners for skills for reconstruction training
• Provide on-the-job training to masons, carpenters and steel workers involved in private housing construction.
The project support is carried out with high level of sensitivity to households which are not able to start their construction works or those that are vulnerable. The project team members are trained to communicate and explore areas of support to these single women or vulnerable households so that they are not left out in obtaining the financial and other supports made available to these households to develop better and safer homes for themselves.