Employment Fund Skills for Reconstruction Phase ll
SW Nepal, a member partner of HELVETAS consortium, is assigned to implement the Phase II of Employment Fund Skill for Reconstruction project in Sunapati Gaunpalika and Manthali Nagarpalika.
• Provide regular technical support to homeowners to comply with minimum engineering requirements
• Facilitate homeowners in preparing required documents for inspection and receipt of government grant tranches
• Create awareness on the provision and procedure of housing grants.
• Lobby and coordinate with local elected bodies and engineers for the facilitation of grant release process
• Identify potential homeowners for skills for reconstruction training
• Provide on-the-job training to masons, carpenters and steel workers involved in private housing construction.
The project support is carried out with high level of sensitivity to households which are not able to start their construction works or those that are vulnerable. The project team members are trained to communicate and explore areas of support to these single women or vulnerable households so that they are not left out in obtaining the financial and other supports made available to these households to develop better and safer homes for themselves.