Engineering Services for Small Scale Infrastructure Projects (SSIPs)/Sajhedari Bikas
USAID/ Sajhedari Bikaas/ PACT Nepal
January 2016 to December 2017
Gorkha, Dhading, Lamjung, Dolakha & Ramechhap
The Sajhedari Bikaas Project is a progamme supported by USAID and implemented by PACT Inc. /SW Nepal at earthquake-affected five districts Gorkha, Dhading, Lamjung, Dolakha and Ramechhap.The program approach brings together an effective combination and mix of strategic interventions. These include:
- improving the enabling environment by addressing the causes of conflict and providing more effective short term resolution mechanisms;
- strengthening inclusion and participation of communities and marginalized groups in local planning processes;
- supporting the economic empowerment of marginalized groups; and,
- strengthening more accountable and transparent local government.
SW Nepal was assigned by USAID/Sajhedari Bikaas /PACT Nepal for engineering service for Small Scale Infrastructure Projects (SSIPs).
Services Provided by SW Nepal
SW Nepal is assigned by USAID/Sajhedari Bikaas /PACT Nepal for engineering service for Small Scale Infrastructure Projects (SSIPs).
In undertaking this assignment, SW Nepal responsible for engineering support to 130 pre-identified community-based small scale infrastructure projects (SSIPs) in 12 VDCs of Lamjung, 21 VDCs of Gorkha and 21 VDCs of Dhading, 18 VDCs of Dolakha and 18 VDCs of Ramechhap district.
- Detailed, on-site feasibility survey
- Environment Mitigation and Monitoring Plan (EMMP) of individual scheme
- Civil engineering schematic designs
- Detail budget and cost estimate of each project
Roles and Responsibilities:
- provide implementation and management training to targeted communities
- provide onsite technical guidance and orientation to local masons and construction workers
- provide close supervision to all the construction activities
- responsible for the timely competition, oversight, and quality control of all related infrastructure services
- ensure the quality and consistency of all deliverables and all work performed
- ensure that all projects adhere to the environmental mitigation and monitoring plan