Engineering Services for Small Scale Infrastructure Projects (SSIPs)/Sajhedari Bikas
USAID/ Sajhedari Bikaas/ PACT Nepal
January 2016 to February 2017
Gorkha, Dhading and Lamjung
Sajhedari Bikaas is a five-year USAID-funded project aimed at empowering communities to direct their own development.
The program approach brings together an effective combination and mix of strategic interventions. These include:
- Improving the enabling environment by addressing the causes of conflict and providing more effective short term resolution mechanisms;
- Strengthening inclusion and participation of communities and marginalized groups in local planning processes;
- Supporting the economic empowerment of marginalized groups;
- Strengthening more accountable and transparent local government.
SW Nepal was assigned by USAID/Sajhedari Bikaas /PACT Nepal for engineering service for Small Scale Infrastructure Projects (SSIPs).
Services Provided by SW Nepal
In undertaking this assignment, SW Nepal provided the following services for 60 pre-identified community-based small scale infrastructure projects (SSIPs) in 9 VDCs of Lamjung, 18 VDCs of Gorkha and 18 VDCs of Dhading Districts of Nepal:
- Detailed, on-site feasibility survey
- Initial environmental examination (IEE)
- Design/schematic with 3 or more perspectives
- Scope of work broken out into 3 measurable milestones
- Justification Memorandum for each project on Pact provided template
- Cost of each project (summary, labor, materials, BOQ and management cost)
- Submit scheduled batches of completed design packages
- On-site technical guidance for all construction activities
- Sufficient staffing to complete design work and on-site support simultaneously
- Final Report