Nov 2019 – July 2021
LISP is upcoming DFID flagship programme in Nepal designed with an aim to improve Nepal’s new local government’s ability to respond to the demand of rural citizens for access to local infrastructure services and thereby to create jobs and drive local economic development. LISP will do this by providing technical assistance and performance-based capital funding to improve the prioritization, delivery and resilience of local infrastructure.
Objectives of the assignment
The objective of this assignment is to design a local infrastructure programme, LISP, that is reflects the service requirements and builds on innovate and climate resilient approaches. It seeks to develop a common support framework for local infrastructure in Nepal that will help fill the funding and capacity gaps holding back local infrastructure development. In addition, SWN supports DFID in preparation and approval of internal business cases and external program document for LISP.
Key activities and services by SWN
SWN is a part of team of expert/consultant to design LISP and develop local infrastructure framework led by GoN/MOFAGA together with development partners. In doing so, SWN performs following activities:
- Detailed analysis of evidence base/data for DFID business case
- Detailed analysis to support option of components and instruments for LISP program
- Engage with GON, development partners and civil society for a common framework for local infrastructure and delivery mechanism
- Review of planning, governance, financing and management system of local and inter-palika infrastructures including provincial and national periodic plans
- Develop program logframe, TOC, appraisal, respond to QAU and relevant input into Business Case
Outputs of the assignment
The outcome of the assignment will be:
- A local infrastructure support framework for local infrastructures led by federal government as well as development partners.
- An approved Business Case document and piloting of LISP
Programme Design, Local Infrastructure Mapping and Assessment, Policy Design and Advocacy, Local Government capacity. FCDO Nepal