Hamro Ghar: Overcoming barriers to Shelter Reconstruction- Leave No One Behind
July 2018 to June 2019
Icchyakaman Ga.Pa. Chitwan and Jwalamukhi Ga. Pa. Dhading
Hamro Ghar is designed to implement a community driven reconstruction program that will address and mitigate those barriers to reconstruction by offering tailored socio-technical assistance according to the specific barriers experienced at a household by highly vulnerable communities. It seeks to support rebuilding of some of 18,505 vulnerable and left-behind households identified by NRA, and in doing so, to other vulnerable households in the same area (Wards, Gaunpalikas etc.) in a manner that no one is left behind in rebuilding their homes in the project supported area. S.W. Nepal is the key engineering partner consortium led by People in Need (PIN).
The specific objective of this project is to facilitate reconstruction of the vulnerable communities by providing socio-technical assistance and support during construction and tranche approvals, to address the rebuilding needs of those that are most at risk of being left behind.
Key Activities and Services Provided by SW Nepal
SWN Nepal facilitate reconstruction for the communities by providing technical assistance and support the vulnerable of the target areas as as defied by NRA and verified on the ground by Gaupalika staff and PIN’s Assessment teams.
In this assignment SW Nepal will provide full range of engineering services through competent resources at field and central level. The key services are:
- Provide regular engineering support during construction to vulnerable homeowners through alo-palo group to comply with minimum engineering requirements
- Prepare engineering drawings and quantity estimate of reconstructing houses
- Provide 2- day orientation and 40 days on-the-job training to masons, carpenters and steel workers involved in Alo-palo group
- Facilitate homeowners in preparing required documents for inspection and receipt of government grant tranches
- Create awareness on the provision and procedure of housing grants.
- Coordinate with local elected bodies and engineers
- Technical Support to 2350 Earthquake affected household in building resilient houses and accessing EHRP assistance
- Direct Support to 250 most vulnerable earthquake affected household in building a full earthquake resilient house