Third Party Monitoring of Strengthening the Supply Chain of Construction Materials in Earthquake Affected District Project
Practical Action Nepal
December 2017 to December 2018
Gorkha, Dhading, Sindhupalchowk
With support from DFID, Practical Action Nepal has been implementing a 2.6 years long project titled “Strengthening the Supply Chain of Construction Materials and Tools in Earthquake Affected Districts Project” in Nuwakot and Rasuwa districts since June 2016. Practical Action Nepal is replicating the successful interventions of this project in Gorkha, Dhading, and Sindhupalchowk districts by engaging two Private Sector Organizations.
In this regard, S.W. Nepal was engaged by Practical Action Nepal to carry out the third party monitoring of the replicated project.
The major objectives of our assignment were:
- Designing robust and comprehensive monitoring, evaluation and learning framework.
- Field verification of project’s partners’ work.
Services Provided by SW Nepal
- A MEL Framework was developed by S.W. Nepal.
- Developed monthly reporting forms and formats.
- Designed a comprehensive database for the project.
- Maintained the project’s database.
- Oriented partners’ staff, field staff, entrepreneurs on the developed forms and formats.
- Collected field data and prepared monthly reports.
- Verified the field level work of implementing partners.
A robust MEL system for Practical Action Nepal’s Project titled “Strengthening the Supply Chain of Construction Materials and Tools in Earthquake Affected Districts” was developed and implemented.